Infection prevention and control
Hand washing and respiratory hygiene
These are the general principles we aim to follow:
- We have set hand washing and hand sanitising stations on the shop floor
- We request you wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser. Do this after you blow your nose, sneeze or cough before you eat or handle food and always immediately when you return home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- We will clean and disinfect touched frames, objects and surfaces after every patient
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) : During your eye test
We ask that you abide the 2m social distancing measures set out by the government.
Our staff will aim to stay 2m away from you where possible.
A limited number of people will be allowed in the shop at any one time to ensure it is possible to maintain social distancing in the practice.