UPDATED: 18th Jan 2021
The opticians will be open during lockdown. We have implemented safety measures in our practice to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Please see our guidelines and procedures outlined below.
Precautions taken by our staff
- Our staff will be wearing face masks and will aim to maintain social distancing where possible.
- Daily temperature checks and regular testing using lateral flow tests.
- As healthcare professionals, our staff have all received their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- During the eye examination, your optometrist will be wearing full PPE.
On the shop floor
- On entering the practice you will be asked to sanitise your hands, we have hand washing and hand sanitising stations available for you to do this.
- All frames will be cleaned and sterilised after they have been tried on.
- We aim to ensure strict social distancing measures within the practice. We have limited the number of people allowed to browse frames to 1 household at a time.
- Surfaces such as tables, chairs and handles are disinfected in between each customer.
- We ask that if there are people inside, a queue is formed outside until advised to enter by our staff.
- Please maintain 1m+ social distancing protocols where possible in the practice.
Who can visit?
As per government guidelines, we will continue to provide essential eyecare services, whilst still adhering to strict hygiene protocols.
Please book your appointment where possible in advance. This includes frame consultation appointments to choose frames and for collections as well.
We do suggest for those who have been advised to shield, it may be better to have a telephone consultation first. We may be able to resolve your problem without the need for you to come in.
When booking your appointment
- We ask that you avoid coming in to the practice to book appointments, please call us (0203 981 2907) or book your appointment online.
- Please let us know if you need to be accompanied for your appointment, if you can't attend alone. This will to help manage the amount of people in the practice.
What to expect at your appointment
- You will be asked to wash your hands before your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment with a face covering, if you do not have one we will provide you with a disposable face mask.
- Your optometrist will be wearing full PPE to ensure the eye test is carried out safely, due to the close proximity required when examining your eyes.